Thursday, January 04, 2007

My First FAT Lip!! Ouch!!

Well today Makadie, Mia, and I went to story time at the library like we do on Thursday mornings. Story time was over and it was time to get the balls out to play with. They never have enough balls for all the kids so sometimes it gets tricky to keep all the kids happy. Today Makadie found a ball and was playing with it and no one was trying to steal it. She saw other kids lean on the ball with their bellies. So she decided to try this too. Just as she leaned into the ball it popped out from under her. She hit face first into the very hard floor. It does have carpet on it, but it is that really thin industrial typ stuff, and I really don't think there was ANY padding at all under the carpet. Her teeth cut through her top lip and mouth. She was pretty sad for a while and would not let me put her down. We got the bleeding stopped and her lip kept getting bigger and bigger. It looks pretty bad now too! Mia was worried that Makadie was hurt and kept asking if she was going to be ok. There were Moms all over trying to help. One mom went and got wet and dry paper towels (and assured me her hands were clean), another mom gave me her water bottle half full, and one mom even said she would make her son get in trouble if I thought he was trying to steal or push the ball. I told that mom that her son did not do it (and even if he had he is younger than Makadie and did not mean to hurt her--but he did not do it--I watched her slip on the ball). So we got Makadie all cleaned up and went back to Mia's for a popsicle! Which Makadie really enjoyed! She looks like she is in pain but is just fine! It is very cute when she smiles with her big fat lip!

3 comments:

Elia said...

Poor baby! That looks so painful, I'm glad she's okay.

NW Varneys said...

Ahh, that is so sad but kind of cute, too. :(
I know exactly how you were feeling, because Trey just got his fattest lip today, too--at the children's library! I think it's a sign that Trey and Makadie are meant to be together forever. :) We will have to take a pic so you can compare...someday, when we update our blog....

NW Varneys said...

Ahh, that is so sad but kind of cute, too. :(
I know exactly how you were feeling, because Trey just got his fattest lip today, too--at the children's library! I think it's a sign that Trey and Makadie are meant to be together forever. :) We will have to take a pic so you can compare...someday, when we update our blog....