Makadie has always been a night person and it has been a fight since day one to get her to bed early. We finally got it from 1:00am to 9:00pm, and that is on a good night. We would love for her to go to bed earlier like normal kids her age but have not had success. We would like her to go to bed earlier so that we can have "big people" time before we hit the sack! We cut the amount of time that she naps down, but it did not seem to make any difference. Last week she did not want to take and nap and we were busy doing stuff, so I let her miss the nap! She went to sleep for the night at 7:30! So when she said no nap the next day I said OK! She fell asleep this night at 6:30 on her own! Since then we have been letting her skip her nap if she wants to. At times during the hours of 5:00-bedtime are quite whinny and annoying--but we know if we are patient and kind with the whinny kid she will go to bed early and we will have the night more to ourselves.
These pictures was taken today, a no nap day. I was making dinner in the kitchen and she just laid down on the rug and fell asleep. It was after 5:00, so it was too late for a nap. I let her sleep for about 20 minutes and tried for about 10 minutes to wake her up!

Tuesday, March 18, 2008
To Nap or Not to Nap, that is the question!
Posted by Roni, Coleman, Makadie and Anika at 7:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
What a sweet picture of Makadie. I say no more naps to get a little extra roni & coleman time, but is anika going to sleep early too?
Very cute pictures! I have been doing the same thing with Ryan because if he takes a nap he will be up until 11 or later sometimes. So I have been skipping his nap if he is not to grumpy! He has gotten more use to it so I'm sure Makadie will adjust! The time is so nice when they all get to bed early!
I love the pictures! One of my favorite things to do is to peek at my kids while they're sleeping, because it reminds me how sweet and precious they are! I would keep with the "no nap" routine and see if you can't get more time at night to yourself! Good luck! Your kids are adorable!
-Erica
Okay so when she doesn't get a nap during the day and goes to bed at 6:30 or 7:30 what time does she get up in the next morning? I would really like to know because I have the same problem with Alexander. Let me know at steffholdstock@hotmail.com
Post a Comment