Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Makadie's 3rd Birthday Party~~

We had a blast at Makadie's Party~ (We had to postpone it a week due to icky sick people at our house---mainly ME!) Her theme was Bugs! Here some of the decorations!

A Giant Flower with Butterflies! A beehive with cute little bees! I had plans to do ladybugs on a leaf, ants on an ant hill, and spiders in a web---but ran out of time! I loved how the decorations turned out and plan to hang them up in the playroom to enjoy them a bit longer!
We started the party by having the "Ants go Marching" around the Ginormous pile of leaves in the front yard! Then the kids got to jump in them and throw them everywhere! A fun tradition at Makadie's Birthday Party! Next we went on a bug Treasure Hunt in the back yard! I read clues and the kids ran around the yard finding the treasure bags with their Magnifying glasses. Then we opened all the treasures and put them in their party bags!




Next we made bug hats! The kids loved doing this, though not all of them liked to wear them--but we got them to keep them on for a picture!
Next we opened presents! This year we had Makadie open presents from us on her actual birthday. This kept the present opening shorter and more under controlat her party! Makadie got some really fun things! A Dora Backpack filled with card games, a Princess Memory Match Game, a Gift Certificate to Build-A-Bear, Fun Halloween socks, a Look-n-See (toy you put the circle cards in and it turns to see different pictures), paints and a paint pad, little ponies, and fun cards! Thanks to all of Makadie's friends for all the neat stuff!


Next PIZZA TIME! We had french bread pizzas with Juice and Strawberries! It was yummy and the kids loved eating outside!

Mia and Makadie
Hailey and Matthew (he thought the sun was BRIGHT--so we turned the table)

Syriana & Matthew

Happy Caden!

Silly Makadie and Sun Blocking Isaac
The Caterpillar Cake!

Makadie loved her cake--as did all the guests!

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Makadie, Happy Birthday to you! Now make a wish and blow out more candles!!
The Birthday Girl~


It's GREAT to have GREAT friends!

Makadie and her birthday balloons!

Peek-A-Boo

Coleman brought home Makadie flowers on her birthday! She felt like such a special and big girl to get flowers just for her!
I know that Makadie's hair is in her face during her party--I was so busy putting on the party that I did not notice and Coleman was nice enough to get her ready--and he really doesn't do hair----YET!



6 comments:

Jensen Family said...

Looks like so much fun! I wish we could have made it! You are so creative and everything looks so great, especially the Cake! Makadie looks so happy!

Andra said...

Looks like lots of fun, love the cake.

Corey and Susie said...

Looks like a FUN party! Happy Birthday Makadie!

Lindsay said...

Leave it to Roni to throw such a cute and fun party! I bet you had most of the needed supplies in the Wal-Mart under your bed, right? :) Looks like fun!

Brady and Karen said...

Party looked great! Happy Birthday!

Margie said...

I'm so sad that we missed the party. You did a great job on the cake. The kids looked like a lot of fun