Coleman had a Storm Water Conference in Breckenridge, CO this month! Makadie and I decided to tag along!
The conference was at Beaver Run Resort. It was gorgeous. We got to our room late Monday night. Coleman had to be at a review session at 8:00am on Tuesday for a certification test he would be taking. It was a LONG day for him, lots of info to cram into ones head!
While he was busy reviewing on Tuesday, Makadie and I decided to explore the resort. We looked in the gift shops, went on a little walk, found the pools, and more! We were both pretty tired from our late night and our discoveries that we went back to our room for a wonderful relaxing nap!
We did not make it to the pool on Tuesday so Makadie swam/bathed in her favorite part of the room! The jetted tub! It was in a room all by itself with a huge mirror as a wall. The other walls had big windows that looked out into the rest of the room.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
She thought that she was dunking herself under water, and was pretty proud of herself when she sat up. She even wiped the water (that was not there) out of her eyes!
When Coleman got back to the room and we woke up from our naps we took a drive downtown. We parked and enjoyed walking around for a bit. We decided to eat at Bubba Gimp Shrimp Co. It was all decked out with Forest Gump Paraphernalia. We loved our shrimp and really enjoyed the atmosphere.
We had brought Makadie's pack-n-play for her to sleep in, but we did not use it. There was a pull out sofa bed that Makadie was really excited to sleep on. So we made it Makadie safe and she slept just fine! There was more room than her pack-n-play! This is her one morning being goofy!


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Our friend Tammy and her son Caden came up to visit on Wednesday. So we took the kiddos to main street and did a little shopping and looking around the cute town.
We ate lunch at Columbine Cafe. We both ordered breakfast meals for lunch! They were quite yummy! Here Makadie and Caden had fun while we eat! Makadie had a hot dog and french fries~
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Makadie and Tammy with the Mules!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
We passed by Bubba Gump Shrimp Co again and this time got a pic of Makadie in Forest's Shoes and holding his bag--One of the classic scenes from the movie!
We all went swimming in the indoor/outdoor pool. We stayed on the inside side the whole time, the wind was a bit chilly if you were wet outside!
We had so much fun with Tammy and Caden and were so glad they came up to play with us!
.
.
.
.
Thursday was our last day there! So I filled up the tub for one more bath! Makadie still wanted to play after she was done and she wanted the jets on. She asked for bumpy, bumpy--since it makes the water bumpy she decided that this is what it is called. Since she was already bathed there was soap in the water. The soapy water through the jets created bubbles, which made the final playtime in the tub even more special!


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Since we had to be out of the room by 11:00 and Coleman would not be done until 5:00 we toured the resort again!
Makadie was so excited to drive in the arcade! She did not even need any quarters. One of the driving games had speakers on the top of the seat. It constantly was playing music. She kept saying that that one was her favorite! 

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
It was a beautiful Thursday! We sat out on one of the patios and ate M&M's and painted Makadie's fingernails.




Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Brekenridge, CO Sept 10th-13th
Posted by Roni, Coleman, Makadie and Anika at 1:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
I cant believe how big Makadie is..she is so cute! It has been so long since we have seen you guys, its nice to hear what your up to!
Hey Ronnie, I got your comment on my blog so I thought I would check out yours. I can't believe you have been doing this for 3 years. It is hard to keep up sometimes I don't even post things for a week. Well anyways, I feel like I never see anyone anymore. Being in primary I feel so like I don't even know half the people in our ward anymore. I guess we need to just plan more activities outside of church. Once it starts getting colder we will probably start having the game night on Sundays again. Then mabey we will be able to see eachother and chat more often.
P.S. I like your blog, someone needs to show me how to pretty up mine a little! Everything I try it says they don't have a mac version yet.
Post a Comment