Friday, August 29, 2008

Hanging out in Lakewood with the Aunts (May 2008)

Coleman's sisters, Annette & Alita, got to hang out with us for a week this summer. We had a blast having them here. They were here a little over a week, but the time just flew by and it was not enough time! While they were here we painted our guest bedroom a bright yellow. It is now a lot more inviting and comfortable. (I was always a little afraid of that room. It's downstairs and dark. Now I am not afraid at all to go in my fun yellow room!) Thanks for all of your help with the yellow room--it looks great!

Annette has always been a good fun influence on Makadie--Don't you think?

Look--NO hands!

We enjoyed eating out in the backyard on numerous occasions!


Makadie enjoyed playing in the sprinkler.

Alita would kink the hose and Makadie would put half of a plastic egg on the sprinkler, then should would run away as Alita let the water go and the egg would fly off.

One day Makadie, Alita, and Annette went to the Zoo. Anika and I got to enjoy some quiet time at home! While they were at the Zoo this is what was happening at our house! They said they were completely dry at the Zoo! Weather can be so crazy sometimes, the Zoo is not that far away from our house.

While they were at the Zoo some friends from the ward dropped off a swing set that their grand kids used to play on. They gave us the swing set as well as a slide. Makadie was asleep when she got home, when she woke up from her nap we were all downstairs. She came out of her room and was looking around for us. As she walked by the backdoor it was open and she saw the new toys. She screamed down to us as loud as she could, "Come see there is a park in my backyard!" She was very excited and happy! We are so thankful to have been given the swing set. It has been a fun addition to our backyard this summer.

We really enjoyed having Alita & Annette here and hope they can come again soon! We have talked about them coming in October and doing the fun Halloween stuff at Elitch Gardens! Thanks you guys for a fun week!

2 comments:

shanemomgrumnumnum said...

I miss you all.
I miss all the fun.
love you.
Grum

Megan said...

Hey Roni this is Megan White from Wymount. I found your blog on somebody elses. We just started blogging-I am a little behind on the times. Your family is beautiful. Hope we can keep in touch.