Friday, September 05, 2008

5 years and still going strong!


Five years ago on August 30, 2003 Coleman and I were sealed and married in the Snowflake Temple!


At times it is hard to believe that it has only been 5 years because we have done so much in the past five years! But at times it almost seems like yesterday and it is hard to believe we have 2 kids!

I made Coleman a fruit bouquet and delivered it to his office on Friday. We talked about not doing gifts this year, but I am such a gift giver that I could not resist. I tried to be good and thought that home-made would be OK! When Coleman called me to thank me for the fruit, he was surprised that I had made it. He said he thought that it was from a professional flower shop. That made me feel good! I was not sure how "professional" it looked, but it fooled the guys at the office. They were so impressed they told Coleman that he needed to do something pretty special for me. They said that it was daimond worthy. It was a fun project! Coleman's favorite part of the bouquet were the chocolate covered blueberries~



Not quite diamonds, but I loved them anyway~ Coleman is a very practical gift giver, and though I sometimes wish he was not so practical with romantic things, I always love the practical gifts he gives me! Thanks babe! I have wanted a pair of Crocs for a while but could never justify paying the price they are. I have almost bought off brands a few times but always refrained because I was afraid they would be cheap and not comfortable. Now I have the real deal! I am excited to try them out and break them in and see if they are worth all the hype!


Since we were not going to do gifts, we wanted to do something fun instead! It all came together at the last minute and we were able to have a fun Anniversary weekend after all--we did not think we were going to be able to! Tammy watched the girls for us Saturday morning and we went golfing. Coleman was on his High School Golf Team and loves to golf but does not go that often. I have never "real" golfed--only miniature golf--and if you are a "real" golfer put-put golfing does not count. Since this was my very first time we went to a Par 3 course. I did pretty good and we had a wonderful relaxing morning. After golfing we ate at the Clubhouse Restaurant. Coleman ordered the best Philly Cheese steak sandwich that we have ever tasted. It was AMAZING--Coleman was a sweetheart and let me eat half of his sandwich. It makes my mouth water right now just thinking about it! We will definitely eat another one there, soon I hope!






After golfing we picked up the girls and put them down for naps. We then went to some friends BBQ and pool party. We had a blast at the pool and enjoyed spending the evening in their backyard eating yummy slow roasted brisket.
*
Monday was Labor Day, the last day that all the water stuff is open in Denver. I have been wanting all summer to go to Pirates Cove--so we finally did! The Taylors and Goodells came with us. We got to the water park first and were waiting for the rest to show up. A lady walked up to Coleman and gave her a prepaid pass with 6 adult tickets on it. We would only need to pay for Makadie--we were pretty stoked! Then another family offered us tickets too---so we took one for Makadie and all got in free! I'll post more pics of this later! I just wanted to include a little since it was part of the Anniversary weekend.


After Pirates Cove it was quick naps again, then we dropped off the girls at John and Maureen's. They offered to watch the girls so that we could go out to dinner. We went to Dave and Buster's. It is a classy adult Chuck E. Cheese type place. We both enjoyed our dinners and had fun playing the arcade games. The fruit of our evening was a stretchy frog, a hacky sack ball, and temporary Dora Tattoos! They did have good stuff, but you needed a gazillion tickets! So we just got a few things for Makadie!


After all that arcade fun we went to Cold Stone in Stapleton near Mia's house. It was after 9:00 so we were not sure if they'd be open. We checked the sign and they said they were open--Yay!! As we went in they informed us that they were actually closed, the hours posted were summer hours and they now have different hours--Darn! So we walked out the door, they girl felt bad and came out and got us. She said she had already cleaned the marble cold stone, but could mix one in a container--Yay! So we ordered my favorite Cold stone recipe--Chocolate ice cream, toffee, chocolate syrup, and caramel syrup! When we went to pay we were paying with a credit card. She said that she already zeroed out the machine for the night so the treat was on them! We thanked her for our anniversary treat and took a walk enjoying our yummy free treat! We took a picture by the life sized bull on the street!



We had a really great weekend and have had a great 5 years!


13 comments:

LeMira said...

Congratulations! You look like you enjoyed your anniversary.

Melis said...

That fruit bouquet is AWESOME! You are one talented chick. Happy (late) anniversary. My kids still call you a princess when they see pictures of you. Indeed you are.

Amanda said...

wow! you're old! Hee hee...good job on the bouquet. You were a beautiful bride. Snowflake temple is a lovely one. It's good to catch up with you via blog. I am thinking about starting my own...

Megan said...

Hey Roni this is Megan White from Wymount. I found your blog on someone elses. Anyway Happy Anniversary! Blaine and I also just celebrated our 5th. You have a beautiful family and it looks like you had a great weekend. Oh and the fruit bouquet was awesome!

Nicki said...

How fun! Congratulations! I think it's funny how you said you weren't gonna do gifts and then you couldn't resist. That always happens with us too! I'm glad you are happy and have a beautiful family! What ever happened with my brother and your sister-in-law? Just curious.

Amanda said...

Hi Roni,

I worked with a gal named Tiffany (forgot her last name) from RVHS/Eagar yesterday. She has long blonde hair and twin 4 year olds. She's working on becoming an RN. It was good to think about those old small town high school times...Hope all is well with you!
Cheers,
Amanda
amanda_sawyer@hotmail.com

Gwen said...

Happy anniversary Roni!

Looks like you guys had a great time! Love your fruit arrangement - there is a company that does them and I think you have given them a run for their money!
gg

Corey and Susie said...

Congrats you two! Time really does fly by fast...I remember your wedding day like it was yesturday! By the way...I have those same Croc's in brown and I LOVE them..they are so much cuter than the old style! Have fun!

Andra said...

It was 5 years ago that we served all that cheesecake with ketchup? (that is what DJ called the sauce because I was squirting out of a ketchup bottle.) Time does fly!!!

Margie said...

That is great!! Congrats

Brady said...

Your pictures together are great. Congratulations, guys!

I've never been golfing either.

Brady said...

That was Karen, not Brady.

Holdstocks said...

Congratulations. You guys are so cute and I love reading about your family and all your adventures.