Friday, August 21, 2009

Kauai -- Kipu Falls-- Day 5 -- June 8, 2009

Monday night we met Brady at Kipu Falls to do a little cliff jumping~
*
Here is the full shot of the falls! The cliffs are 20 feet high from the water. *
Julie getting ready to jump!
*
And there she goes!
*
Coleman's turn!
*
He LOVED it!
*
Karen showing her stuff!*
Me--well this is as far as I got! Oh well maybe next time right! I was afraid to jump out far enough, there were rocks right under the jumping spot--you had to jump out far enough to miss the rocks--I was not up for that chance!
*
Coleman going again!
*
Aaron & Julie wanted to do a little couple jumping!

Aaron wanted to see how big a splash he could make!

Well the Falls are 20 feet and Coleman is the one in the red and is 6 ft 6 and it went over his head! Pretty amazing splash there Aaron~
*
After cliff jumping it was time for the rope swing!
*
Here goes Jane--AKA Julie!
*
Look at that release!
*
Jane's man Tarzan had it down! Great swinging Aaron!
*
This was quite a funny shot! Aaron is actually falling in the air and has not hit the water yet--BUT it looks as if he is doing a little dance on the shore!
*
Coleman had a blast swinging from the trees!
*
Karen & Brady's former Stake President was also there with his son--the monkey boy!
*
He is the one in the tree!
*
He is starting to bounce on the branch!
*
Then he swings from it! *
Does a flip off of it!
*
And perfectly lands in the water! It was more like being at a very beautiful circus than just hanging with your friends in Hawaii! It was pretty amazing--but I kept thinking I hope my sons are NEVER that daring (or my girls--Anika DO NOT get ANY ideas)

2 comments:

Cristin said...

You guys are brave. We went to that same spot in Kauai a few years ago. I wouldn't do it. I watched a girl cry hysterically while her friends tried to get her to jump.

NW Varneys said...

You're a great writer, Roni. Can I just c/p what you and the Edwards wrote and post it on our blog? :) j/k This made me laugh out loud, though, especially Aaron's dancing shot. I was just thinking I need to look through our Hawaii pics again. aaaah, what a sweet vacation.... wow.