The Fundraiser this year for the youth of our wards is a dinner. This year they decided to do a Baked Potato Bar. Each of the leaders took some potatoes home to wash and cook. Gwen, the YW's president suggested that we wash them in the dishwasher without soap! It is easy, works well, saves time, and saves your hands! So we decided to try it! It was a bit funny putting them in so we decided to take a picture (or two or three)!

Yep, they do look cleaner! What do you think! Quite an easy way to wash a large amount of potatoes! Thanks Gwen for the tip!
I have also heard about cooking Salmon wrapped in foil in the dishwasher. It is supposed to be the perfect steam for the yummy fish. But we have never had the guts to actually try it! Has anyone out there ever tried it?
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Potatoes in the Dishwasher!
Posted by Roni, Coleman, Makadie and Anika at 11:05 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
What a great idea. Who would have ever thought? I am going to have to try this sometime, when I need to wash a ton of pototoes. I don't know if I am brave enough to try cooking Salmon in the dishwasher, but hey it just might work. It looks like your family is doing great. We are all doing good here in Georgia. It was good to see you guys last year. I can't believe the reunion was almost a year ago. Take care and hopefully we will see you at the next reunion. Of course I check out your blog often so I keep up on what is going on in your family.
huh...I would've never thought! I learned a trick for cooking mass amounts of corn on the cob. Boil your water and pour it in big camping coolers, then put your corn in, shut the lid, and it only takes about 15 minutes! You can fit about 50 ears of corn just in one cooler!Crazy huh?
Roni, you have officially become a Miller, putting potatoes in the dishwasher, i know it was only a matter of time. :)
That is so funny! Great idea though.
Post a Comment