Monday, July 14, 2008

July 4th 2008--Echo Lake


We left Georgetown and headed up even further into the Rockies to Echo Lake. The kids enjoyed throwing rocks into the water and taking a walk by the lake.



Amy wanted some pictures and Michael was not too happy about posing--so then I wanted some pictures of them and he agreed!
*
Amy, Brandon, Michael & Tyler
Michael and his sweetheart Amy


I wanted a picture of everybody!
I was just going to take the picture--but then everyone started volunteering to take it so that I could be in it (you know how that goes). So I just put the camera on a rock and set the timer. So it is a pretty weird angle--but we are all in there!

Our car died while we were there! It would not start in Georgetown either--but it started fine with a jump! At Echo Lake we tried my parents car as well as Michael's and our car would not start. A nice man came and helped us--he used to work for a dealership and knew some tricks--he showed us how to hook both cars up to our battery! That trick was a success! Now with a new battery the car works just fine! The car thing took some time--so I took the kids to throw more and more and more and more rocks into the lake! All that rock throwing made us miss the Edwards and Varneys!--We miss you guys!!

2 comments:

Brady and Karen said...

Remember that camping time when we hit rocks with sticks? That was dang fun.

Coleman looks like a mountain man.

NW Varneys said...

Oh, we got a shout-out! We always think of VEM when rock-throwing occurs, too. And, yeah, Karen, I remember that camp-out...I was crippled and yet nobody helped me up when my chair fell over with me in it........ some friends you are. :)

Coleman and Roni, you guys have had a full and fun summer! Wow! We will have to visit you in CO sometime and see all these great places!