Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Summer Apron Swap

Dawn Despain informed me of an Apron Swap and I decided to give it a try!

*

The instructions were to make an apron with a summer pattern and one pocket! We were given a name and address to mail our aprons to, and someone else was given your name and address. http://projectsforyournest.blogspot.com/search/label/Apron%20Swap-Summer

*

I talked Elia and Tammy into doing it with me!
I had a lot of fun and might even do this again. I hope that there will be a Holiday Apron Swap!

Here are some pictures of the apron that I made. It is a skirt apron, the samples on the Apron Swap Website were mostly skirt/half aprons. They looked fun to make and I do not have a half apron--so that is what I decided to do! I got enough fabric to make one for me and my swap buddy. I am also making little ones that match for Anika and Makadie! I'll put pics on when there are finished of all us girls in our aprons! The inside is the pink that the pocket is made with.




This is the one that I recieved. I love it! This was fun because I would have never picked out the fabric that was chosen, and yet it works and I like it! It is even in the red family and matches my kitchen!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I got my apron too, but it wasn't that cute! Now, I've got a pretty good collection and it makes me want to bake!!

Maegan said...

What a cute idea! I love the summertime print you made. I think it would be so cute to have a set to match your girls.